Monday, September 14, 2015

No Crabbing Today

I was about to rig up to try and catch some blue crabs this morning when I remembered that I had promised Audio Video Innovators that I would help them this morning.  I will have to try another day.  At least I put in about 12 miles riding today.

I have a shoulder roast in the slow cooker.  I have used this particular recipe twice already but with chuck roast.  Oh, each roast was three to four pounds.

Slow Cooker Chuck Roast

Servings 3-4
Units US

    2 lbs chuck roast
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil bacon fat
    3 potatoes, sliced
    2 carrots, chopped
    2 celery ribs, chopped
    2 onions, sliced
    2 tablespoons ketchup
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
    3/4 cup water
    1/2 teaspoon salt

    Cut vegetables and place in crock in the following order: carrots, celery, onion and potatoes. Sprinkle with salt.
    Brown roast in vegetable oil and place on top of vegetables in crock pot. (More salt may be sprinkled on roast.).
    In a small bowl mix cream of mushroom soup, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and water. Pour over roast.
    Cover with crock pot lid and cook 1 hour on high and 4 hours on low. Serve over rice.
   

I take the roast out when it is done, cut it into bite-size pieces and then mix it back into the pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment