Saturday, October 10, 2015

I Love Ginger

Read it and just shake your head.

For example: “I don’t say that ‘I was “blind” to something’ because it ignores the experiences of differently abled individuals.” “I don’t ask ‘who wears the pants in your relationship?’ because it expects homosexual couples to subscribe to heterosexual norms.” “I don’t say ‘White washed’ because it is used to insult those who do not conform to negative stereotypes of a community or culture.” “I don’t call people ‘gingers’ because a unique hair colour does not make one inferior.” “I don’t say ‘you are so skinny’ because ‘skinny’ is not validating” “We don’t say ‘Spirit Animal’ because it is a form of cultural appropriation.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425339/western-university-language-campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment