Sunday, December 20, 2015

Canned-Salmon Court-Bouillon

I wanted some salmon.  Specifically, I wanted some canned salmon which comes with that flavorful skin and those deliciously crunchy bones.

With that in mind, I remembered that my little sister, Libby, used to make a tomato and canned salmon dish at home that I liked very much.  With that in mind, I put together a recipe and found the results to be delicious.

In order to assemble the components of the recipe, I used some that I had on hand and also purchased a few items.

Ingredients:

3 tbl oil
1 tbl flour(Optional)
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1/2 Bellpepper, chopped
1 Stalk Celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pint(or nearest sized can)  rotel(jalapeno)  tomatoes
1 pint(or nearest sized can) diced tomatoes
2 cans traditional pack, pink salmon,  16 oz. or nearest to
Salt
Black Pepper, ground
Cayenne pepper, ground
Bay leaf, dried



Directions:

In a dutch oven on the stove-top, bring the oil near to its smoke point and then stir in the flour.  Next, sautee the onion, bellbepper, and celery until the onions are clear.  Add the garlic and sautee for another two minutes.  Add the canned tomatoes and the bay leaf.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Stir in the canned salmon*, breaking it up into smaller pieces.  Simmer for five more minutes, serve over white rice.

*Optional, squeeze some lemon juice into the mixture after adding the salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment