Monday, October 12, 2015

Monday Citrus Post

I went out for a bike ride this morning and found some citrus that was nearly ready to pick.  There is a tree over the concrete fence on Cajun Dome Blvd. towards Eraste Landry Road.
The fruit is smooth-skinned and tight to the segments with a thin rind.  The one I picked was sweet.  I traveled a few more miles where there are some mandarin oranges with looser, more delicate rind.  I picked a few and they were easy to peel and sweet.

On the way back, I stopped to take pictures of the ghost bike.
It was erected in memory of Mickey Shunick.

I had a couple of problems on this ride as I have been slacking for a couple of weeks.  My seat started to feel a bit tender after about three or four miles and at about nine-and-a-half miles, my right knee bothered me enough that I had to walk about seventy-five yards.  My quadriceps muscle/tendon area seems to be the culprit.  Here is map of the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment