Sunday, August 12, 2018

I Love You

When I take leave of members of my family, and sometimes good friends, I will tell them that I love them.  I mean it.

More times than I care to remember, I have heard sudden and unexpected news that I will never see or hear from someone ever again because they have been killed or died suddenly.  This happened twice in my immediate family and a number of times in my extended family and many many other times.

It is the human condition.  As Shakespeare wrote, everyone who is born owes God a death.

(Updated)
I forgot to place the link to the article that prompted this post:

"Among the greatest challenges of life is the struggle, when one is beset by tragedy, to remember to be grateful." (...) "Gratitude is not possible without humility."
http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2018/08/one-coin-two-faces-sunday-rumination.html

No comments:

Post a Comment