Sunday, September 15, 2013

G. K. Chesterton

I was paying a visit to Chaos Manor when I came across a post containing this snippit:

"“The free man owns himself. He can damage himself with either eating or drinking; he can ruin himself with gambling. If he does he is certainly a damn fool, and he might possibly be a damned soul; but if he may not, he is not a free man any more than a dog.”

G. K. Chesterton, cited by the American Chesterton society as coming from a broadcast talk 6-11-35" (Link)

This is the sort of text that tends to strike my fancy and  G. K. Chesterton is a familiar name to me.  I decided that I might like to re-read some of his works and to read some that I have not yet had the pleasure to.

You can read about G. K. Chesterton at The American Chesterton Society and you can find some of his works to read (for free) at Project Gutenberg.


--
---
Chip

No comments:

Post a Comment