Saturday, April 21, 2018

A Visit with the Medlen's

Saturday(April 14, 2018) afternoon, my cousin Janet Medlen, née Miller, called and invited me over for the night and next day.  I drove over to their place near Port Barre.  It is on the Courtableau Bayou near the Ronald Reagan Highway(U.S. 190).  From there, I went to meet Janet and her husband Gene at a Bar-B-Que that a friend of theirs was having on Bayou Road.  The food and conversations were great.

The following day, Janet went off to attend a baby shower while her husband, his nephew Jason, and I tried out the fishing from their pier on the bayou.  Unfortunately for us, the water was too high, too fast, and too muddy for us to catch any fish that day.

Below is a video and some pictures from the pier.  The video was inadvertent as I pressed the wrong button when trying to shoot a panorama, which is also below.







[Edited to enlarge image sizes and remove duplicate image.]

No comments:

Post a Comment