Saturday, April 14, 2018

Saturday April 14th, 2018

2:22 pm

I decided to go outside and ride around on my bicycle after the storm passed.  I got dressed for the ride and put on my boots.  Before I left, I used my neti pot to flush out my nasal passages.   I also ground 6 grams of vitamin C, which I dissolved in water and drank.

Along the way I found berries growing toward the Vermilion River and picked enough to fill a coffee pot to three-quarters.

An apartment complex is being built across the parking lot from the Double Tree Hilton.  The earth moving equipment[Ed.] is being put in place to begin work.




Further down the road nearer the river, martins were having a feast.



I rode across the Vermilion River via the bridge on Pinhook Road.  On riding down to the riverside, I noticed that the river was flowing backwards and so I walked onto the tour boat landing to have a closer look.  Here is a video produced using the hyperlapse feature of my cell phones camera.




After I reached the end of the landing I shot some video footage of the river flowing backwards.




One of the intentions I had when undertaking this morning ride was to visit the graves of my Aunt Dot Miller and my friend J.P. Vanway.




I used two different apps on my phone to track my route.  Here is a screenshot of each.
Cycling Tracker, Samsung Health
Cyclometer App



No comments:

Post a Comment