Saturday, February 27, 2016

Yoga and Catholics

I was reading Chaos Manor, Jerry Pournelle's website when he mentions the "The Five Tibetan Rites".  I watched the movements for the rites and after digging more, I found this article, To Yoga or not to Yoga? , authored by Patti Maguire Armstrong.  After reading it, I have decided to stick to Mark Rippletoe.  Well, that and riding my bike and swimming.

From the comment section of her article:

"From the article “NEW AGE: Catholic Faith and Yoga – Incompatible” by Catherine Marie Rhodes: “There are those who claim there is nothing wrong with practicing Yoga for exercise purposes only, but even the teachers of Hindu have stated that the philosophy and the practice of Yoga are inseparable. From Johanna Michaelsen’s book “Like Lambs to the Slaughter” (pp 93-95) she states, “You cannot separate the exercises from the philosophy… The movements themselves become a form of meditation.”"


No comments:

Post a Comment